Content-Type: application/vnd.api+json - Safari Issue

It appears this is not compatible with Safari. Using Node.js v5.1 and express 3.13.1 and setting the content type as follows…

res.contentType(‘application/vnd.api+json’);

will cause the following error

Failed to load resource: Frame load interrupted

Seems to work fine in Chrome (only other browser I tested) and doesn’t throw the error if i use application/json which tells me the contentType function of express is not the issue but rather Safari is not happy with that content type.

Anyone else experience this?

Can you post a link to the page that’s producing the error? This seems pretty strange to me…

I was doing testing on my local computer. I will get a repo up on github with the code I was using so you can reproduce it if you want.

Im starting to think its an invalid scenario, but the fact that Safari doesn’t seem to like the header was a concern.

Thanks @embersdev! Any update on this?

Stumbled on this post while researching this exact same issue. I did not really find any helpful pages so wanted to post what we found while resolving this.

We added “application/json” to our Accept headers list and this resolved the issue…

Cheers

Had the same issue… all my browsers did not accept application/vnd.api+json in my api response headers… I had to go with application/json instead as well.